Fans of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers can now play ‘Save Your Mate‘, the new social game we created for the team’s official Facebook page. The Buccaneers Facebook game is a first-of-its kind application in the NFL and pro sports marketing.
The game aims to drive social media interaction and enhance the team’s online branding effort throughout the offseason with a custom Buccaneers theme.
The Big Picture:
- To ‘Save Your Mate’, five interactive challenges must be completed
- If completed, the fan is entered to win a team sweepstakes
- Collects user data to identify fans and grow marketing database
- Corporate partner(s) can be integrated if desired
- Facebook and Twitter sharing allows fans to compete with friends
- Increases page interaction, activity, brand awareness, and likes
We first built the application in 2011 for the Facebook page of the horror movie franchise, Saw. The game helped the most successful horror movie series grow its fan base virally with a rapid increase of followers and social media activity.
We are anticipating similar impressions on the Buccaneers Facebook page and are happy the application has now made its way into professional sports.
Take a shot at saving your friends now and let us know what you think!